Monday, December 22, 2008

Breakfast with....the Grinch???

Okay People...This is a community service message to all and you will thank me later. In order to explain I must start at the very beginning...I personally have been attending some kind of Breakfast with Santa since- well as long as I can remember we'll put it that way. First, it was Downtown at the Tiffin Room in the Old ZCMI Building (still my favorite by the way), next came the Zoo's rendition (which was amazing considering I won't even eat popcorn at the zoo usually) and this year we decided to try the Thanksgiving Point festivities. First of all, the buffet included it's own security elf who would not allow anyone to make a second trip even if they were a starving 2 year old who didn't get eggs the first time around. Secondly, there were no tables with less than 8 seats on them so we Wisemans had to bust up some unsuspecting families fun by taking up half of their table...pass the salt, please. Thirdly, the entertainment included the following: A very, scary, hairy grinch who talked with too much of a lisp- if you get my drift, a gingerbread man, a sugarplum fairy, a huge white polar bear and the best for last....a Santa who looked like a 20 year old Brazilian. I mean really, you should have seen those dark, bushy eyebrows next to the white hair and beard. Even Adeline commented that that HAD to be one of Santa's "helpers" since he didn't look anything like the Real Santa. Sorry I didn't get a good picture of this brazilian fiasco...I am just too cheap to pay $20 a person and also $7.95 for a picture with him as well. Yes, they did charge for those. This my friends was an official holiday trap-the same as a tourist trap only with a giant Christmas Bow on top. We will definately be returning to the Monkeys, Lizards and such next season for our Breakfast it was the best we've found so far. So, my friends...save your money and time and please don't drink this egg-nog.

No comments: