Friday, December 12, 2008

Amazing Adeline

Today was parent participation day at the Virginia Tanner School of Dance, so of course I donned my sweatsuit and choreographed my way through our families favorite Christmas recipe as was assigned. (Carrot Cake? Really Adeline when was the last time we had Carrot Cake in the month of December?) You know... like crawling around the floor to represent the baby food carrots we add into our cake batter and pretending to stir Adeline while she spins on the floor underneath me...that kind of choreography. Anyway, as I sat there watching my only daughter move, jump, spin, skip, sway or in other words DANCE I was struck by how much I loved this Virginia Tanner women. Even though we have never met and never will I am thankful to her for her vision and for providing a place for girls to feel like amazing dancers no matter what their ability levels are. The following quote is on the wall inside the studio foyer for all to read and all I have to say is -AMEN!

For those of you who may need reading glasses (Uh, Ummm...you know who you are)
"The motivating force behind my work is not only developing excellent dancers, but more importantly, developing young people who are useful, imaginative, worthwhile human beings"
-Virginia Tanner

No comments: