Monday, August 29, 2011

Love and Cake Flour are in the air

As many of you know I am somewhat of a novice/very amateur wedding cake baker. It all started when I volunteered to help make my Sister's cake a few years ago. Since then I have only made 3 others. Here's my latest attempt...which I must say I am very proud of! The bottom layer is a coconut cake with coconut milk butter cream covered in my homemade marshmellow fondant; the middle layer is a double chocolate cake with a chocolate meringue buttercream frosting covered in coconut on the outside; the top layer is a classic red velvet with cream cheese frosting again covered in fondant. It was fun to see how a simple cake can turn into one the most delicious parts of a brides special day!


3 comments:

said...

OMG...can you send me a piece? Seriously though that is amazing. Gorgeous and looks delicious too!
Kudos to you!

Eric & Billie Tyler said...

Wow Allie!!!! That is incredible. I wish you would have made my cake :).

AuntieKooKoo said...

It turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! Your a pro...