Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eleven???

I cannot believe that our vacation here has come to an end. However, I cannot think of a better way to spend our last day than celebrating Adeline's eleventh birthday. We went back into downtown London, saw the Olympic Torch and arena being constructed for next years Summer games,



We saw the final Harry Potter movie in their LARGEST screen available (it was about the size of our TV at home). We loved the film anyway and loved that we were in the place it was based on as well.



We ate dinner at Jamie Oliver's per Adeline's request, visited Trafalgar Square and were disappointed that instead of flocking pigeons that you could feed and allow to swarm you, there were water fountains and throngs of people instead. So, here's to you Adeline or should we call you Queen Adeline for after all not many girls get to turn eleven in London!





As I am typing away on this final vacation blog, the rest of the lot is down at the Kabab shop saying their goodbyes and feasting one last time...I am sure that the Kabab owner will be sad to see his best customers leave as well. I, on the other hand am smiling because I can take my obsession home and I have a load of it in my suitcase right now.







1 comment:

Sally said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU ARE ELEVEN.